Binocular Custom Vision Utilizing The Light Adjustable Lens (LAL)
The objective of this investigator initiated study (IIT-001) is to obtain data on clinical methods which can be used during the examination of patients desiring binocular custom vision with the Light Adjustable Lens (LAL). An analysis of the collected data will be performed to determine whether these clinical assessments can be used by doctors to enhance their patient's clinical outcome.
Primary Outcome Measures
- Binocular uncorrected distance, intermediate, and near visual acuity [Through Month one post-op]
- Binocular uncorrected depth of focus [Through Month one post-op]
Secondary Outcome Measures
- Manifest refraction [Through Month one post-op]
- Monocular uncorrected distance visual acuity [Through Month one post-op]
- Monocular best corrected distance visual acuity [Through Month one post-op]
- Visual Satisfaction [Through Month one post-op]
Visual satisfaction will be obtained using a visual questionnaire
- 4th order total eye spherical aberration (Z12) [Through Month one post-op]
Patients able to sign informed consent
Patients who plan to undergo bilateral implantation with the commercial LAL and receive binocular custom vision are eligible for study participation.
Inability to sign informed consent
Any pathology for which, in the investigator's judgement, could reduce the subjects BCVA
Unable to return for light treatments
Contacts and Locations
|1||Vance Thompson Vision||Sioux Falls||South Dakota||United States||57108|
Sponsors and Collaborators
- Vance Thompson Vision
Study Documents (Full-Text)None provided.