The Role of Immunomodulatory Treatment in Success of ICSI in Patients With Autoimmune Thyroiditis
The aim of the work is to determine whether the use of immunomodulatory drugs could improve the reproductive of outcome of infertile patients who have autoimmune thyroiditis with positive autoimmune antibodies undergoing IVF-ET.
Arms and Interventions
|Experimental: Study group|
Patients will receive thyroxine , low dose aspirin , low dose selenium, Calcium and vitamin D and immunomodulatory drugs(prednisolone, hydroxychloroquine, azathioprin, IV immunoglobulins)
Patients will receive thyroxine , low dose aspirin , low dose selenium, Calcium and vitamin D before ICSI cycle. Moreover, patients will receive a treatment course of immunomodulatory drugs for 3 -6 months before ICSI cycle: Prednisnlone 40mg for 2 weeks to be lowered gradually till become 5mg after 6 weeks and to be continued Hydroxychloroquine according to body weight, patients who develop hypersensitivity will be shifted to Azathioprin. Immunoglobulins will be used in cases not responding to treatment.
|Active Comparator: Control group|
Patients will receive thyroxine , low dose aspirin , low dose selenium, Calcium and vitamin D.
Patients will receive thyroxine , low dose aspirin , low dose selenium, Calcium and vitamin D before ICSI cycle. Patients will not receive immunomodulatory drugs
Primary Outcome Measures
- The Number of Participants Who Achieved clinical Pregnancy [6 weeks after embryo transfer]
Secondary Outcome Measures
- The Number of Participants Who Achieved Ongoing Pregnancy [18 weeks after embryo transfer]
- Infertility patients who have autoimmune thyroiditis With positive autoimmune thyroiditis and TSH level above 2 IU.
- All patients who have other autoimmune diseases especially antiphospholipid syndrome, hepatitis c viral disease.
Patients who have any medical disorders ( eg. D.M. HTN .Epilepsy ….)
Contacts and Locations
|1||Aljazeera (Al Gazeera) hospital||Giza||Egypt|
Sponsors and Collaborators
- Aljazeera Hospital
- Study Chair: Ahmed M Sayed, Prof., Aljazeera (Al Gazeera) hospital
Study Documents (Full-Text)None provided.
- ICSI/ Autoimmune thyroiditis